Sunday, February 24, 2013

Our History

My Grandfather started farming in Northern Colorado, just outside of Eaton, in 1937.  Among other crops, he grew potatoes, sugar beets and corn.  My father continued in Grandpa's footsteps further expanding the family operation.  As a child I set up a small stand along the road and sold our homegrown sweet corn to the community, eventually enlisting the help of my three younger siblings.    As we grew up the stand evolved to selling at farmer's markets and the local grocery store.
Anthony and I met while attending CSU and quickly discovered we shared a mutual passion for nature, especially horticulture and gardening.  After many years of dreaming, reading and planning, and with my father's guidance, we began farming full time in 2009.  Along with my siblings, we started Leffler Family Farms (LFF).  In 2010, Anthony and I created Local Motion as a division of LFF.  Local Motion serves the farm's community supported agriculture program (CSA) and also provides produce to local wholesalers including restaurants, grocers and the Farm to School program.

No comments:

Post a Comment